* Tennessee Curriculum Standards and Common Core State Standards
* Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, policies, rules, and regulations regarding school administration
* Organizational and management practices as applied to the analysis and evaluation of school programs, policies, and operational needs
* Principles, practices, rules and regulations pertaining to student discipline
* Principles of supervision, training, and performance evaluation
* Principles of management associated with maintaining the school?s financial records.
* Use of computers and related software applications and the integration of instructional technology.
* Create a vision and articulate it to all members of the school community.
* Develop leadership among the teaching staff.
* Develop a strong client orientation in all school staff.
* Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals.
* Direct and supervise professional staff in performing the administrative functions.
* Manage the school's educational and extra-curricular programs, activities, and operations.
* Plan and implement an effective student discipline program.
* Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, students, parents, and the public.