Purpose and Scope
This position is responsible for instructional and behavioral activities for students referred by the school principal or assistant principal for in-school suspension.
Essential Job Functions
1.Responsible for the coordination of instructional activities with classroom teachers of students referred to in-school suspension2.Monitors students regular academic work while in in-school suspension3.Works with other team members to implement procedures to assist students in the development of techniques to control and express anger constructively encourage positive student behavior, and promote safety in the school4.Must keep accurate documentation and records in regards to student data 5.Works in coordination with S-Teams6.Provides tutorial assistance to students assigned to in-school suspension7.Assigns and oversees special assignments related to the students' infractions8.Works collaboratively with school and district team members to meet the9.academic, effective, and behavioral needs of students10.Monitors student progress following the student's return to the regular classroom11.Contacts parents regarding students' conduct and provides parents with appropriate behavior modification plans12.Participates in school and district training13.Contacts students assigned to in-school suspension to ensure they are in attendance thus preventing a negative effect on ADA 14.Has internal contact with educational staff at school locations including classroom teachers, S-teams, counselors and district staff as needed15.Has external contact with parents and community agencies as needed16.High level of student information confidentiality17.Works a regular school year based on immediate needs of the school and student needs18.Works student contact days
Graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associate's degree, or two (2) years of college (minimum of 48 semester hours) from an, or a passing score on the ParaPro Assessment Test. Also requires two (2) years of experience working with urban and/or disadvantaged youth. Must possess or be able to obtain certification in CPR and First Aid.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Ability to develop and maintain a positive learning environment in which positive appropriate behaviors are maximized and discipline problems are minimized
* Must have motivational skills to inspire students and serve as a role model
* Requires excellent communication and problem solving skills
* Must be able to multi-task and de-escalate conflict situations
* Must have strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to follow complex written and oral instructions and handle details
* Strong interest in working with high-risk youth in the development of self-control and skills for responding adaptively to conflict
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed