Instructs and directs the activities of students to help them achieve maximum academic success, in accordance with Title I, or other program guidelines.
1. Generates tutoring plans for each student that details individual goals and suggested enrichment activities for both home and during school; assesses and documents student progress.
2. Develops and assists students with academic exercises and class activities; concentrates efforts with small groups of students and individuals, as necessary.
3. Compiles, prepares, and organizes materials and classroom for instruction and other learning activities.
4. Reinforces all knowledge and skills taught by the classroom teacher.
5. Assists teacher with academic instruction and the instruction of daily routines, skills, and concepts as needed.
6. Provides instructional support and reinforcement to students identified in need of tutoring services.7. Utilizes effective instructional practices, behavior management strategies, assessment techniques and directed teaching methods.
8. Collects and compiles statistical data as needed for accountability and program development.
9. Collects, organizes and completes information necessary for reports and evaluation.
10. Communicates and collaborates effectively with teachers, central office staff and local school administrators.
Graduated from an accredited college or university with Bachelor’s degree. Valid Tennessee professional teacher’s license. Minimum of two (2) years of successful classroom experience.
Degree Equivalency Formula:
Bachelor’s Degree= 4 years plus required years of experience.
Master’s Degree= 2 years plus required years of experience. Where Master’s degrees are required, years for Bachelor’s Degrees must be included.
• Knowledge of the functions of the school division and its operating procedures
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
• Ability to coordinate multiple priorities
• Ability to operate a computer and use appropriate software applications and peripheral office equipment
• Demonstrated proficiency in math English, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Physical Demands: Requires sedentary work involving standing or walking for brief periods, exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular basis; and some dexterity in operating office equipment.
Unavoidable Hazards: The position is exposed to no unusual environmental hazards.
Sensory (ADA) Requirements: The position requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing and speaking abilities.